[Nautilus-list] getting rid of the other flash (was Desktop background, fixes and hacks)

On Tuesday, July 24, 2001, at 10:06  AM, Owen Taylor wrote:

This is, I believe a different (and much briefer) flash - the problem,
is that nautilus is loading the background image asynchronously, and
paints first in the background color before loading the final image.

It might be good to load the background image synchronously if its a
local URL.

One alternative might be a bit of hysteresis. We can give it a fixed amount of time to load the image before creating the window. If the image is loaded quickly, then you get no flash. Maybe sync. I/O is better though.
 It's not obvious to me.

    -- Darin