Re: [Nautilus-list] Handling .desktop and .link files better.

On Monday, July 16, 2001, at 12:06  PM, Jonathan Blandford wrote:

Currently, nautilus can't handle dragging nautilus link files or
.desktop files to the location bar.  While this is pretty easy to
special case in:
nautilus/src/nautilus-location-bar.c:drag_data_received_callback,
it leaves a slight bad taste in my mouth.  Is there a better place to
handle these?

Doing the work in that function is fine. The question in my mind is how you are going to tell that the file is an indirect sort of thing, and how you are going to get the URI from inside. Both of these things should be done with library functions. There is a nice library function called nautilus_file_get_activation_uri that's used to define what happens when you open one of these things, but note that it requires that you "ask in advance" what the activation URI is, since nautilus_file_get_activation_uri is not allowed to do I/O.

Let me know if you want more specifics about this.

    -- Darin