Re: [Nautilus-list] Remove Eazel from nautilus news

On Tuesday, July 10, 2001, at 08:28  AM, Evan DiBiase wrote:

What if there was a "available channels" XML file on a central server
somewhere, and the news component would simply update its list of
available news sources from there, removing/adding sources as needed?

Seems fairly simple.

I think there was a scheme like this, it was an Eazel server though. If someone wants to tackle this approach, I'd be happy to help.

I'd also like a solution that could work even without a central server.

Perhaps the user-edited XML file would just turn channels on and off and add new ones. That way if you got a new Nautilus release, or a new channels file from a server for that matter, it would take effect because your own user-specific file would simply have an entry to turn a now-nonexistent channel on.

    -- Darin