Re: [Nautilus-list] Remove Eazel from nautilus news

On Tuesday, July 10, 2001, at 06:29  AM, Jens Finke wrote:

attached is a patch which removes explicitly the Eazel news entry from the
nautilus sidebar. The changes in nautilus-news.c are only neccessary
because there exists local copies of the xml file for every user, so a
simple substitution of the system wide file isn't sufficient. Although
the hardcoded thing isn't a nice solution.

Removing the entry from the news_channels.xml file is a no brainer. Please commit that change (with a change log entry) if you would.

What to do about people who already have an XML file is a separate issue. I think that hard-coding the fact that this channel is gone is not a good solution. Other channels may disappear or change in the future too.

So lets see if we can think of a better solution for that half of the problem that is not just a one-time hack for the Eazel channel.

    -- Darin