Re: [Nautilus-list] Errors with 1.0.4

Ben FrantzDale <bfrantzdale hmc edu> writes:
> I updated to 1.0.4 from Ximian today and Nautiuls was running great.
> However it locked up, then I killed it. It hasn't worked since...
>
> I get endless errors like this:
>
> Eel-WARNING **: GConf error:
>   No database available to save your configuration:
>  Unable to store a value at key
> '/apps/nautilus/defaults/novice/apps/nautilus/sidebar-panels/OAFIID:nautilus_news_view:041601'
>
> Eel-WARNING **: GConf error:
>   No database available to save your configuration:
>  Unable to store a value at key
> '/apps/nautilus/visibility/apps/nautilus/sidebar-panels/OAFIID:nautilus_news_view:041601'
>
> Eel-WARNING **: GConf error:
>   No database available to save your configuration:
>  Unable to store a value at key
> '/apps/nautilus/defaults/novice/apps/nautilus/sidebar-panels/OAFIID:nautilus_notes_view:7f04c3cb-df79-4b9a-a577-38b19ccd4185'

I just changed this error message to something ungodly verbose:

"Unable to store a value at key '%s', as the configuration server has
no writeable databases. There are two common causes of this problem:
1) your configuration path file doesn't contain any databases or
wasn't found or 2) OAF mistakenly created two gconfd processes. If you
have two gconfd processes, then it's an OAF bug, not a GConf
issue. Logging out, killing oafd and gconfd, and logging back in may
help. As always, check the user.* syslog for details on problems
gconfd encountered."

It's also possible you had 2 gconfd when gconfd started, but one has
since gone away.

Havoc