Re: SV: [Nautilus-list] mp3 play

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Blad, John Erling wrote:

> Seems like people have troubles figuring out the preferences. Why?

In this case it because it's setting that is about sound. I did not look
in the speed-compromise place for that setting (or what it's called in
english, I use the swedish version). I just waned it to shut up, not go
faster or slower.

I even looked at the MIME settings since I thought that it might be
connected to just mp3 files and thus, maybe have a setting there for it.

Is there a setting for getting rid of the stupid varning sign that comes
up when you start nautilus? I already know it's a not finiched product and
that it can do bad things, and so on...

In windows I once wrote a small program that lies around and presses
buttons on windows that it recognizes. So I can tell it to always press OK
in windows like that. Maybe I should write one for linux also..

> Sound as such is interesting because it seems like people want sound very
> much but also gets easilly annoyed by it.

Yes, I hate a lot of the stupid sounds that happens when you click on
things and such. In gnome there is no way to turn of the sound for the
events, like panel slides. You have a setting to turn of all sound events,
even games sounds for example.  But that is not what I want. So I created
an silent .wav file to use as the sound for these events. Of course it
didn't work, some bug in esd or somewhere produces clicking sound if I
play the silent sample after an real sample.

This is the completly wrong list to complain about this and I have already
complained in some gnome-list a year or two ago about it. So be carefull
with sounds. And in my case I also don't like bright colours and other
things in non-important places that distract you from the important
things.

--
/Dennis