[Nautilus-list] Nautilus Impressions

Hi I have been trying out the Nautilus Preview Release 2.

Issue #1: Speed.
I have a Athlon 750 Thunderbird with 128 MB's of ram. And nautils is very
slow at opening up a window. I don't think the average user has something
as fast as I do and it is probably painfully slow for them. A simple
stop watch test tells me it takes on average 4 seconds for my home directory
to appear after double clicking on the icon on the desktop. This time increases
as I open more nautilus windows. Basically things are very slow with nautilus
running, I don't know how you expect a common user to tolerate this kind
of slow down.

Two other issues which are minor:
Nautilus does not provide a icon to Window Maker so it looks a
bit ugly, I hope this will be fixed.

Nautilus should allow me to select a image file as my background when
I right click on it.

Keep up the good work!

John