Re: [Nautilus-list] Window re-use

Darin Adler writes:
|>> I noticed this change. At first I thought there was something wrong with
|>> Nautilus, because it reused a window on another desktop. Is it possible
|>> to check if the window being reused is on another desktop, and if so,
|>> open a new window instead?
|
|Actually the existing code is supposed to move the window to the current
|desktop -- but I guess it's not. I probably forgot to call
|nautilus_gtk_window_present in one place; I'll go check on that.
|
|We also considered the approach where it would make a new window if there
|was none on the current desktop. That's even better, but more work.

I think the problem is that the topmost window is always reused - even
if that window is on another desktop and there is a nautilus window
open on the current desktop. Perhaps nautilus should reuse windows on
the current desktop before others (even if they're technically lower
than the other windows)

	John