Re: [Nautilus-list] Window re-use

>>> [...] Is it possible
>>> to check if the window being reused is on another desktop, and if so,
>>> open a new window instead?

> Actually the existing code is supposed to move the window to the current
> desktop -- but I guess it's not. I probably forgot to call
> nautilus_gtk_window_present in one place; I'll go check on that.
>
> We also considered the approach where it would make a new window if there
> was none on the current desktop. That's even better, but more work.

I checked, and the call to nautilus_gtk_window_present is there. And the
code in nautilus_gtk_window_present to move the window to the current
desktop is there.

So we have 4 things to consider:

    1) The code to move the window to the current desktop might not be
working on all window managers. John Harper wrote the code, and it does use
window manager hints, so perhaps there are some non-Sawfish window managers
that don't pay attention. If so, we want a bug report about this.
    2) The code to move the window to the current desktop might be failing
for some other reason. If so, we want a bug report about this.
    3) Some people may prefer the other feature -- making an additional
window so you have one per virtual desktop. That would probably have to wait
until after 1.0. A separate bug report about preferring this could be put
into bugzilla to remind us to revisit the issue.

    -- Darin