Re: [Nautilus-list] Cannot run - Bonobo too new!

Ross Burton wrote:

> Hi guys and gals,
>
> When I try and run the 2001-02-25 18:11 snapshot, I get the following
> error:
>
> "This version of Nautilius requires Bonobo 0.26. This computer has
> bonobo version 0.37.200102251811 installed. There might be a newer
> version of Nautilus available that will work with this version of
> Bonobo"
>
> A bug?  :-)
>
> Also, when installing nautilus I get this message:
>
> var/tmp/rpm-tmp.43595: scrollkeeper-update: command not found
> execution of nautilus-0.8.1.0.200102251811-EazelSourceSnapshot script
> failed, exit status 127

I saw the same problem and here's what you need to do.  One of the
nautilus 0.8.1 RPMs (from feb23 I believe--it has two date stamps at the
end instead of EazelSourceSnapshot) used a different naming format and
isn't removed when you use the rpm -Uhv --replacepkgs command.  It stays
installed and causes that headache.

Use this to find the RPM
rpm -qa | grep Eazel

Then remove the old nautilus RPM that lingers behind.  That fixed my
prob and I suspect it will fix yours as well.

I also rebuilt my RPM database afterwards, but that may be excessive.

--Tom