Re: [Nautilus-list] opening a directory in the same window vs. a new window

on 2/21/01 2:35 PM, Alex Deucher at adeucher UU NET wrote:

> I just started looking at Nautilus, and was wondering if it was possible
> to have a default setting such that when you open double click on a
> folder in nautilus, it would open that folder in a new window rather
> than in the same window you started from.  I guess it would be setting
> the double click event to do the equilvalent of right clicking and
> selecting open in new window.  This may already be a requested feature
> if it is not already possible.

Yes. There is a preference called something like "open each file or folder
in a separate window" (wording has been revised recently). It does something
better than just making each item open in a new window -- windows are reused
if they already point to the appropriate location.

    -- Darin