Re: [Nautilus-list] Strange Throbber error

on 2/19/01 9:01 AM, Louise Miller - Sun Microsystems Ireland - Computer
Systems - Engineer at Louise Miller ireland sun com wrote:

> I am seeing throbber exception errors when i startup nautilus, as a result the
> thobber isnt working. anyone know what this means?
>
> ** ERROR **: This process has not registered the required OafIID your source
> cod
> e should register 'OAFIID:nautilus_throbber_factory'. If your code is
> performing
> delayed registration and this message is trapped in error, see
> oaf_idle_reg_che
> ck_set.
> aborting...
>
> ** WARNING **: Throbber Activation exception 'Unknown CORBA exception id:
> 'IDL:O
> AF/GeneralError:1.0''

This almost always means an incorrect version of ORBit, oaf, or bonobo. If
you verify that you have the correct versions of all three of those, then
you should probably visit the #nautilus IRC channel to see if someone can
help you debug.

    -- Darin