Re: [Nautilus-list] The .desktop file standard and Nautilus

on 2/1/01 3:04 PM, James Morton at gengis hawaii rr com wrote:

> Not to impugn the work that you folks have done;  I think you've done a
> fantastic job so far.  But what could /possibly/ be more important than
> this?  It's not a feature - it's a basic requirement of any future
> successor to GMC as the gnome-desktop.  In fact, I'm somewhat frightened
> that you think of it as a feature.

Gene has written code to convert .desktop files to the format that works
with Nautilus 1.0.

Not handling .desktop files directly was an oversight, but not one that we
can easily correct given the amount of work we have to do just to get
Nautilus to work reliably for 1.0 (in the remaining 3 weeks of development
time).

> I don't see how it could possibly take anyone more than 20 minutes to
> implement.

Here's where you lose me. I do not agree.

    -- Darin