Re: [Nautilus-list] The .desktop file standard and Nautilus

Damian,

It is our intention to support .desktop files post 1.0.  We had to evaluate
many features, and while .desktop support is important, there are many other
pressing issues that we need to address first.

I have addressed many of your valid complaints with our Nautilus link files
in a recent check in. Please take a look at it and let me know what you
think.  I believe it has addressed all of your issues and will have to
suffice until we have full .desktop file support.

Thanks for you input and support!

Gene