[Nautilus-list] dissapearing files

I am running Nautilus 1.0.6, and when I open a directory with a large amount of files and (single) click on one of the files, it disapears from view (the file is not actually gone though). If I do a refresh, the file comes back into view, but as soon as I click on it, it dissapears from view again. It is very irritating to say the least. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? If so, is there a fix for it?

Thank You

--Robert