Re: [Nautilus-list] searching files doesn't work

On 12/21/01 8:23 AM, "Isidor Zeuner" <eezyy gmx net> wrote:

> every time I use Nautilus to search for files, I get something like:
> "search:index-if-available%5B...2F%5Dfile_name%20contains%20blah" is not
> a valid location. Please check the spelling and try again.
> Any ideas? Maybe I need a special package for this?

Searching for files was implemented by the medusa package. I don't know if
there's a suitable version of medusa available for you to install or build.
If you use a nautilus built without medusa support, you shouldn't have the
"search for files" feature at all. I don't know exactly where you got your
copy, or why the feature is not omitted as I would expect.

    -- Darin