Re: [Nautilus-list] snap-to-grid feature I'd like to write

On 12/20/01 9:58 AM, "Alex Duggan" <alex openup com> wrote:

> This seems a bit trickier than I expected.  What is the right way to
> make the desktop icons move if just writing to the metadata file won't
> work immediately?  Is there a way, or is that we I have to figure out?

Even in gmc, snap-to-grid code wouldn't just write out the new positions. It
would make calls inside gmc to set the icon position. Perhaps you
expectations weren't reasonable.

I think you can move a single icon with nautilus_icon_container_move_icon.
But I'm not sure if that's the way you'd do a snap to grid feature.

But I'd like you to look at the code a bit more before you start asking me
all these questions. Then ask me questions about what you can't figure out
on your own.

    -- Darin