Re: [Nautilus-list] Xft Anti-aliasing, Libart antialiasing?

I'm using Mandrake 8.0 + cooker updates, with the freetype built with
truetype bytecode support from
http://elektron.its.tudelft.nl/~rbos36/mdkfreetype2.html

However, I'm switching over to debian, so I may not be available the next
few days, and will probably not return with the same setup. I should be
able to get the same results, though, even after the switch.

You can compare these two screenshots side by side if you're concerned
with the background colors:

http://mlei.mtmis.com/nautilus2.png
http://mlei.mtmis.com/nautilus3.png

The first is the sample shot mentioned previously; the second is the
Nautilus unhinted text on a white background.

> I would argue that a hinted font in case two should be more readeable
> than an unhinted display. Unfortunately the example ong doesn´t show the
> output against the same background color, so this too could be
> missleading.

This may be a matter of personal preference or comfort.

Moses