Re: [Nautilus-list] Xft Anti-aliasing, Libart antialiasing?

On 12/13/01 4:24 PM, "Moses Lei" <mlei mtmis com> wrote:

> One question before I go on... so is libart in on this or not? (I'm
> wondering if all these emails are really relevant to Raph). Darin, who
> might know about the routines in librsvg and eel that you mentioned that
> handle text?

On the Nautilus side there's really nothing much to report. The code that is
used to render text is supposed to be demolished and replaced by code that
calls Pango for Gnome 2.

On the Pango side you might want to look into the choices about which types
of hinting are used. I do recommend starting a thread about this on the Gtk
development list. No point in trying to get Raph involved. There's no font
code in libart at all.

I am a bit worried that people who like the look of Nautilus under Gnome 1
will be disappointed if we switch to use Pango, and Pango uses the fonts
that are more hinted and less anti-aliased.

    -- Darin