[Nautilus-list] Xft Anti-aliasing, Libart antialiasing?

I originally posted this on Gnotices, but no one seems to care what's
posted there (I don't blame them...)

Is it just me, or is the anti-aliasing from Nautilus/libart more readable
and less blurry than Xft/render's? I've refrained from using Xft for
normal-sized fonts on my machine because it strains my eyes, but the
anti-aliasing on the Nautilus icons doesn't seem to cause as much of a
strain. Is there some cause for this? (Is it just me? Hopefully I'm not
crazy...)

I'm on a CRT, and so that's probably got something to do with the strain
anti-aliasing at smaller font sizes causes, but still doesn't account for
the differences between libart and Xft.

Go figure. Any comments or flames? Hopefully all you developers who have
been working GTK 2/xft and Nautilus/libart side-by-side can comment on
this.

Moses