Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: CVS plugin

On 12/8/01 10:26 AM, "Mikael Lindberg" <d94ml efd lth se> wrote:

> What say you?

I'd say that adding features that require modifying many different places in
Nautilus source, like the cvs features you propose, is quite difficult. But
I'd love to have the cvs features -- I've definitely considered adding that
sort of thing myself in the past and the old Nautilus team discussed it a
few times.

Adding a more-powerful component feature, which would allow doing something
like your suggested cvs feature, is even more difficult. I'd love to see a
more-sophisticated component feature that let you customize Nautilus in more
ways, but the component system we have now is one of the most troublesome
difficult-to-maintain aspects of Nautilus, and making an even-more-powerful
one could be tricky.

On a related note, I need considerable help just to get the existing
Nautilus ported to GNOME 2 and working reliably. Nautilus was originally
developed by a relatively large team, but almost all of them are gone now
since they were paid by Eazel to do the work. So we are short-handed.

    -- Darin