Re: [Nautilus-list] unification

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, David Moles wrote:

> So do the menu bars, toolbars, etc. all suddenly change when you
> type a web address in? As a user, I'd be freaked out. It seems to
> me like it would kind of miss the point of having my file manager
> also do web browsing. (Maybe this needs to be on the usability
> mailing list?)

The galeon web view is very young and doesn't do much yet...certainly
doesn't start changing tool bars.  It's an interesting point for
discussion, but I don't think toolbars changing freaks out users.
IE/Explorer, MS Office are all examples like this.  If you go to a web
address in windows explorer, suddently you're in IE.  It just works.
If you're in Word, and click on an embedded spreadsheet, suddenly you're
viewing the Excel editing controls.  Personally I think that's beatiful
because it just works.

-jamin

--
name:   Jamin Philip Gray
email:  jgray writeme com

I've lost my mind.  I'm not sure I want to find it.  I'd rather find the
mind of someone else who lost his.  Mine was never all that great as I
remember.

--Jamin Gray