Re: [Nautilus-list] run-nautilus

On Monday, August 20, 2001, at 04:57  PM, Havoc Pennington wrote:

Another issue we can't fix for this RH release that's worth doing: if
you click the icon for Preferences, and already have an open window
going to the preferences: URI, it'd be nice to raise/focus the
existing window instead of creating a new one. I guess this involves
the command line "nautilus foo:" looking for an existing "foo:"
instead of unconditionally launching a new window.

This feature exists in Nautilus, but as a global setting for all actions that open a new window. If you have that preference set on (can't remember its name and too lazy to look it up), then it will reuse windows.

We can add a command-line option that lets you explicitly request this for URIs on the command line, but I'm worried that it's not well-enough thought through yet. I don't want to continue gyrating on the command-line options if we can avoid it. There's been a lot of tweaking around on those since we started the project.

    -- Darin