Re: [Nautilus-list] i18n for web page titles

Havoc Pennington wrote:

Christopher Blizzard <blizzard redhat com> writes:

That's why I added title_unichar, dummy. :)

Apparently in a later version than we have in rawhide? I don't see it.

gtkmozembed_internal.h

That file is for functions that include moz types. This way you don't have to include all the moz headers if you don't want to for the base functionality of the widget.

Thinking about it more, why not make get_title() return something
converted to locale encoding - right now it just returns useless junk.
Fixing this on the Nautilus level most likely leaves Galeon etc. still
broken.

Mozilla must already contain this code, because it sets the window
title itself.

... braves the mozilla source tree ...
No joy - widget/src/gtk/nsWindow.cpp,
 NS_IMETHODIMP nsWindow::SetTitle(const nsString& aTitle)

converts directly to an X property and bypasses gtk_window_set_title()
entirely. Blah.

They wouldn't use the same APIs anyway.

Anyhow, how about if I put my planned iconv() hack in gtkmozembed?  Or
better yet, send you the hack, and you can build the beast? ;-)

I don't want to change the behaviour for callers that might already be doing iconv(). You should be able to take the PRUnichar * type and use NS_ConvertUCS2ToUTF8() to get the UTF-8 string out of it.

PRUnchar *title;
gtk_moz_embed_get_title_unichar(&title);
if (title) {
  NS_ConvertUCS2ToUTF8 utf8_title(title);
  char *title_char_utf8 = utf8_title.get();
  /* convert */
  gtk_window_set_title(end_var);
}

--Chris