Re: [Nautilus-list] i18n for web page titles

On Thursday, August 16, 2001, at 02:41  PM, Havoc Pennington wrote:

I think the Mozilla component gives a UTF-8 window title, but we need
to gtk_window_set_title() with current locale's encoding.

So we need g_utf8_to_locale() in stable Nautilus. This is easy if we
can use unportable Linux features. :-/ Making it work cross-platform
probably involves libiconv.

Seems like sort of a huge pain for a tiny bug.

Any thoughts?

Two immediate thoughts:

1) Perhaps the Mozilla component might be able to use some Mozilla function to do the character set encoding. Note that this is not an issue for the Nautilus shell, but just for the Mozilla component.

2) It seems OK to fix this only for Linux in a nonportable way because it'
s so important to Red Hat for the GNOME 1 Nautilus, since the problem will go away for the GNOME 2 Nautilus.

    -- Darin