Re: [Nautilus-list] Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

On 26 Apr 2001 09:01:22 -0700, vijay linuxfreemail com wrote:
> Hello,
> I hope this information helps. I have installed the Ximian Gnome 1.4
> and the nautilus version I use is the one it provides. I have made a
> symlink from .gnome-desktop to ~ and I find it really very convenient
> that way.
<snip>

I agree.

> If not incorporated fully at least an option can be considered in the Ximian
> doorman applet in the future or the nautilus first time wizard.
> Vijay.

The CVS HEAD version of Nautilus already has functionality to use $HOME
as desktop (can be turned on at advanced user level only), so I think
it's safe to assume it will make it to 1.0.3.

--
- Rami Valta - rami valta pp inet fi