[Nautilus-list] Huge nautilus changes coming

Folks,

Very soon (probably Tuesday Apr 3 evening) I am going to check in a huge
amount of changes to Nautilus.  These changes have to do with splitting
libnautilus-extensions into 2 parts.

One part will become a standalone library called eel (Eazel Extensions
Library) (*)  The initial contents of this file are currently a lot of
the extensions code, background, custom widgets and all the dependencies
they need.  In the future it might contain even more code that once was
in libnautilus-extensions. (**)

The other part will remain in libnautilus-extensions and continue to be
code INTERNAL to Nautilus and standard components only.  Given the
existence of a public extensions library, the name
'libnautilus-extensions' is even more of a misnomer.  Its possible that
in the near future we might decide to rename it to 'nautilus-internals'
or some such.

The new library (Eel) will be initially used by reef, besides Nautilus
of course.

One side effect of this move is that librsvg became its own top level
GNOME CVS module.

The current state of things is that both of these new dependencies for
Nautilus (librsvg and eel) are building on tinderbox, passing make
check, building proper rpms, etc.

eazel-hacking has also been updated for the 2 new dependencies.

The one remaining task to do is to checkin the changes that make
Nautilus use eel.  These are all done in my local tree and waiting to go
in pending review.

If you have a large number of changes in your local tree, its very
likely we will have conflicts.  If this is the case, please try to have
these committed by Tuesday evening.

-re

(*) Tomatoes for Maciej

(**) This is the full list of files that are moving:
nautilus-art-extensions.c
nautilus-art-extensions.h
nautilus-art-gtk-extensions.c
nautilus-art-gtk-extensions.h