Re: [Nautilus-list] Configuring applicaioton types

on 9/10/00 11:49 AM, Loyd Goodbar at lgoodbar ispchannel com wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes:
> In Nautilus, I want to associate .PDF files with Acrobat Reader (or XPDF, if
> you prefer). When I right click and choose "open with" "other application", I
> get a message stating "No applications are available...." and am offered to
> going to the GNOME control center to configure this with "File Types and
> programs".
> However, I don't see this option in the control center. I see only MIME types
> and URL handlers. MIME types do not allow you to associate a document type
> "PDF document" (that Nautilus complains it doesn't know how to handle) with
> Acrobat reader.

The control center capplet it is referring to is not yet installed in the
control center on your system. The capplet in question is currently part of
the gnome-vfs module. For future Nautilus releases, we'll be sure to have
the capplet installed.

    -- Darin