Re: [Nautilus-list] eazel-hacking (automated builds) with debian

> OK, I've thrown something together at:
>
>    http://beauty.stanford.edu/eazel/
>
> It should explain installation of eazel-hacking (automated build stuff),
> and some basic use.

It occurs to me that there is a general problem with trying to build
Nautilus in an isolated environment. Deleting all the -dev packages
should make a difference, I guess, but IMHO it shouldn't be necessary.
See, when compiling, I noticed that the configure script did find some
GConf binaries (e.g. gconf-configure) to be in /gnome/bin, but this
doesn't seem to solve it. I guess it is because gconf-configure reads
the main GConf configuration instead of its own or so. So there is a
problem with "isolating" this build from the rest of the system.

My question is: do you consider this to be a real problem, or is it not
so important? Of course, this problem shouldn't occur when most
libraries have become stable and the default on many systems.

Thanks,

Stefan