Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus build fails since the upgrade to M18

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 01:21:33PM -0700 or thereabouts, Ramiro Estrugo wrote:
> will lashell net wrote:
> >
> > Heya guys, ramiro hopefull, I can't compile nautilus since we upgraded
> > to using M18. The following error blows up the build:
> >
> >> mozilla-preferences.o: In function `nsIPref::GetIID(void)':
> > /home/gnomedev/cvs/nautilus/components/mozilla/mozilla-preferences.cpp(.text+0x53): undefined reference to `nsCreateInstanceByContractID virtual table'
> > mozilla-preferences.o: In function `mozilla_preference_set_boolean':
> > /usr/include/mozilla/nsComponentManagerUtils.h:207: undefined reference to `nsCreateInstanceByContractID virtual table'
> > mozilla-preferences.o: In function `mozilla_preference_set_int':
> > /usr/include/mozilla/nsComponentManagerUtils.h:207: undefined reference to `nsCreateInstanceByContractID virtual table'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > This happens on either a compiled copy of mozilla or the M18 rpms from eazel. This is on a
> > RH 6.2 box, with updates. I'm pretty much at a complete loss as to how to fix it.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Will LaShell
> >

> What compiler are you using ?
>
> -re

[gnomedev ogre gnomedev]$ gcc --version
egcs-2.91.66

[gnomedev ogre gnomedev]$ rpm -qa | grep egcs
egcs-1.1.2-30
egcs-c++-1.1.2-30
egcs-objc-1.1.2-30

"Doh.. STUPID STUPID STUPID"

--an excerpt taken from every developers cvs
  commit message at some point