Re: [Nautilus-list] HTTP Directory Browsing

How about a WebFTP mode
http://www.5star-shareware.com/Internet/FTP-Archie/eleetftp.html

**snipped from eliteftp manual**

WebFTP is a unique and powerful feature. It is intended for advanced users.
WebFTP will allow you to browse and batch download from servers on the web,
exactly as you would from FTP servers! Elite FTP will retrieve the HTML file
from the web server and parse out the links from it. Links to other HTML files
will be shown as folders. Links to files will show up with the proper icons. You
can then tag and transfer these files at will. To enable WebFTP mode, select
"Protocol Type" HTTP in the quick-connect dialog.
***end of snip***

here's a screenshot of www.eazel.com 22KB
http://www.kaikun.org/webftp.gif

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000 11:54:24 -0800
 "Arlo Rose" <arlo eazel com> wrote:
  | > Nautilus (via gnome-vfs) does support a similar feature, called WebDAV.
  | > WebDAV-enabled servers can be viewed through Nautilus with directory
  | > (view as icons, view as list) as well as with Mozilla. In fact, that's
  | part
  | > of how the Eazel online storage service works.
  | >
  | > I'm not sure if Microsoft's explorer is also based on WebDAV or whether
  | it
  | > is based on some similar, parallel technology. Maybe somebody else out
  | there
  | > knows?
  |
  | Hey all,
  |
  | I think Thomas meant any old web page as a folder view, not just a DAV
  | page.
  | I'm not sure how he envisioned this working, but I could see us doing an
  | icon view for web pages that gave you a folder full of web links and
  | visible
  | media on the page.  We certainly wouldn't want to poke around and get that
  | person's real directory structure, but we could base it off of the links in
  | the active html file.
  |
  | Thomas, how did you see this working?
  |

  | Cheers,
  | Arlo Rose

 adam http://www.kaikun.org 4,000+ photos
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ