From: Jason Leach
To: nautilus-list lists eazel com
Sent: 11/12/00 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] Problem with popt when compiling nautilus pr2

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 10:35:03AM -0500, Steve Homer wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> If this is answered in the archives I apologise (I did look honest!).
I'm
> trying to compile PR2 and OAF compilation is failing on the popt lib
check.
> Which version do I require?

I just found out that my popt-1.4 that came with debian 2.2 stable
wasn't good enough to pass compiling (but did pass configure), an
upgrade to popt-1.5 from unstable made everything fine.

> I am using Mandrake 7.1 and HelixCode Gnome 1.2 (upto date as of
yesterday.)

rpmfind.net has Mandrake RPMs of popt-1.5, they're actually from the
Mandrake 7.2 version but I'm guessing they should work with 7.1
(compatability between 7.x releases seems right).  Don't forget to get
a new popt-devel RPM too.

Hope that helps,
Jason.