Re: [Nautilus-list] HTTP Directory Browsing

on 11/12/00 7:48 AM, Thomas Haschka at haschka scientist com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Microsoft's explorer has feature called web folders, which allows the
> user to browse http dirs. Many providers of webdrives like Driveway allow
> you to browse these drives with this feature, similar to you
> eazel-services drives. It's just the same as you did with browsing ftp
> folders. I think it would be great implemeting such a feature.
>
> Thomas Haschka

Hi Thomas,

Nautilus (via gnome-vfs) does support a similar feature, called WebDAV.
WebDAV-enabled servers can be viewed through Nautilus with directory views
(view as icons, view as list) as well as with Mozilla. In fact, that's part
of how the Eazel online storage service works.

I'm not sure if Microsoft's explorer is also based on WebDAV or whether it
is based on some similar, parallel technology. Maybe somebody else out there
knows?

John