Re: [Nautilus-list] Article that's not all into the hype.....

on 11/11/00 3:48 AM, Mattias Eriksson at snaggen acc umu se wrote:

> Besides the lables that he didn't like :) there are some other things that
> made me think.
>
> About the performance and making the computer slow... when a EFM devloper
> starts to think that nautilus is wasting to much resources I think thats
> a warning sign!!!! :)

We know there is still a lot of performance and memory tuning awaiting us.

> I also find it strange that I have to have 400 % zoom to see all the
> info about a file.

You can see all the info in list view or in the Properties window as with
most any file manager. The ability to zoom in and see more info is as far as
I know unique to Nautilus.

> I haven't tried nautilus since PR1 so I asume that the article is correct on
> those points.
>
> //Snaggen
>
> At 10 November, 2000 will lashell net wrote:
>> I guess we could add an option for turning the toolbar labels off.
>> I thought we had onefor that.

As Josh already pointed out, GNOME has such an option. It doesn't currently
have any effect in Nautilus, due to a bug in the recently-rewritten Bonobo
UI code. (That is, the bug is not in Nautilus, it is in Bonobo, and any
program using Bonobo will have the same bug until it gets fixed.)