Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Moving and copying files
- From: Manuel Clos <llanero jazzfree com>
- To: Ty Augustine <tyronea_2000 yahoo com>
- Cc: Darin Adler <darin eazel com>, nautilus-list lists eazel com
- Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Moving and copying files
- Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 21:35:14 +0200
Ty Augustine wrote:
> the copy/paste function needs to be quick. this idea adds an additional
> step to the process. in addtion, this paradigm will be adopted in other
> applications and this 3 step process will become a hassle.
No one has asked my original mail, and it solves the problem in some
don't you agree?
1. You have the usual "Copy" and "Move" words that users expect.
2. When you select "Copy" Nautilus will show a message in the status
a icon near the cursor, an icon in the toolbar, or just a floating
you choose as you are the experts. This message/icon will say: "Select
the location to copy files" or "Select the new location for the files"
3. Then you cd to the directory you want to "Copy" or "Move" the files,
it's just the same as "Copy/Paste" but doesn't has the bad metaphor. You
rigth click on the Directory or you click a toolbar icon saying: "Copy
or "Move here!", then the process starts. You can of course say: "copy
files and 2 directories (from xxxx) here!", it's your choice.
4. This has the same "speed" that windows user claim about Copy/Paste,
uses the rigth words, "Copy" and "Move" and, by the way, helps the user
with messages (I really like the floating tooltip idea).
What do you think?
Hope this helps.
] [Thread Prev