Re: [Nautilus-list] gpdf OAFization and bugfixing patch

Ian McKellar <yakk-nautilus yakk net au> writes:

> On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 03:41:13AM -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> >
> > I have to add that the way this renders documents is kind of ugly. Is
> > there any way to get nice fonts and some antialiasing here?
>
> Its based off xpdf which has a quite cool pdf display architecture. There
> are frontends for X11 (which gpdf uses AFAIK), pixmap and even text. What we
> really need is for someone to write a GnomeCanvas front end. That would be
> cute.

Yeah, the gpdf version renders to a pixmap I think. This also has the
disadvantage that complex pages are not drawn incrementally, and so
are slow to show up at all. It would indeed be nice if someone would
delve deeper and do the canvas front end.

 - Maciej