Re: [Gnome-admin-tools] [Nautilus-list] Re: Gnome-admin-tools digest, Vol 1 #7 - 17 msgs

On 20 Jun 2000, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Using XML (as opposed to a set of custom CORBA interfaces, say) gives us
> > a lot of flexibility:
>
> The reason we are not using CORBA now is that we want to get these
> tools quickly into production and use.   Also, designing the CORBA
> interfaces ahead of time --ie, without knowing what the full scope of
> each tool will be-- iis going to lead to a lot of revisions.

[lots of stuff deleted...]

Hello!

Wile speaking on corba and gnome and configuration. There is one thing
that is missing i think. Imagine that a server is started at boot time and
want to register a objects/interfaces somewhere i could probably not be
done. What i think is missing is a kind of repository that is available
without X beeing started. If I remember correctly, the way GOAD is working
it is depending on X being started.

Is there a solution?

/Mats Loman