[Nautilus-list] current thinking on canvas vs. anti-aliased canvas

I realize that there are various factors governing the deployment of the
anti-aliased canvas vs. the regular canvas. However it would help me
decide how much / how good / how specific gradient code I plan to write
depending on current thinking and factors (and guesses) going into the
decision. While the canvases are somewhat compatible (eg it shouldn't be
too hard to move code between the two) I think it would be preferable to
at least point the code I'm writing in a particular direction. This code
could be deferred...but it looks like people are going to be wanting
things like good 3-point gradients fairly soon (and it'd be better to
use a generic framework ripped off, say, the gimp rather than dealing
specifically with every case). Flame me!

-Seth