Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus copies of help tools

> I suspect the gnome-core stuff will die once Nautilus' help browser is
> finished. We do need to worry about syncing changes from gnome-core's
> version to Nautilus - volunteers?

According to Jirka, the only change he made in the gnome-core version was
changing a free to a g_free or something like that. This really isn't a big
issue, but in the future, anybody who wants to fix a bug in
'gnome-info2html' or 'gnome-man2html' in gnome-core should also look for the
same bug and fix it in the Nautilus branch.

There is one another alternative though - You could spin off
gnome-info2html2 and gnome-man2html2 (and possibly gnome-db2html2) into
their own 'module' and then make Nautilus depend on that module. I think
these tools are pretty much 'stand-alone' (so say somebody else wants to use
it, they wouldn't have to get all of Nautilus just for these tools). I say
we 'schedule' this for post Nautilus 1.0 (as there really is no 'essential
need' to spawn it off into its own module - its just food for thought.)

Ali