Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus copies of help tools

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 12:07:55PM -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
> It's just come to my attention that we have a copy of tools like
> gnome-info2html and gnome-man2html in the nautilus source module that's
> totally separate from other copies in gnome-core. And our own George is
> making fixes in the gnome-core one that he's not putting in the Nautilus
> version! How should we handle this problem?

Is this a trick question? :-) Is there a problem with simply removing the
(sub)projects from Nautilus?

I would think that somebody would need to review change logs for the files,
to see if any local changes were made and not propagated to the "real"
projects. This could be a good chunk of work, which may be your cause
hesitation...

IMO, if the main development is in gnome-core (and that also means where
people believe it occurs!), then the projects should live there. If they are
truly Nautilus-specific, then torch 'em from gnome-core.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/