Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: nautilus build sucks.

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, t0ny dE almEida lOpes wrote:

> Well as you might have read in my prior post, I'm having a ton of problems with
> the M4 macros? I really don't know that much about them at all. Are they related
> to the AM_ macros? If so how do I properly set them up so that the autogen.sh
> and configure will work properly.

In regards to unfound macro problems, most of the time this is due
to them being installed in one filesystem while they're being looking for
in another.  For example, they might be installed in
/usr/local/share/aclocal whereas they're being looked for in
/usr/share/aclocal.  To fix this, do one of the following:

* Set the ACLOCAL_FLAGS environment variable to include the missing
directory.  For example, the following should work in bash:

export ACLOCAL_FLAGS=" -I /usr/local/share/aclocal"

* Copy (or link) the contents of /usr/local/share/aclocal into
/usr/share/aclocal.  The following shell script should do the trick:

--< cut here >--
#!/bin/sh

SRC=/usr/local/share/aclocal
DEST=/usr/share/aclocal

for FILE in `ls $SRC`; do
        echo $FILE
        ln -s -f $SRC/$FILE $DEST/$FILE
done
--< cut here >--

--
David Ludwig               | "The Linux philosophy is laugh in the face of
davidl<at>wpi.edu          | danger.  Oops.  Wrong One.  'Do it yourself.'