Re: [Nautilus-list] Preferences windows
- From: Ramiro Estrugo <ramiro eazel com>
- To: Manuel Clos <llanero jazzfree com>
- Cc: nautilus-list lists eazel com
- Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] Preferences windows
- Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 07:20:21 -0700
Manuel Clos wrote:
> After looking at the screenshot I noticed that preferences is not using
> the standar
> preferences dialog of gnome, while I have seen you are following gnome
> style everywhere,
> why is this an exception?
> Manuel Clos.
I assume you mean the gnome property widgets ?
There's at least 3 reasons I can think of:
1. We are using GConf entirely. We are not using gnome_config. When i
looked at gnome properties, the sample code i looked at (gnome
preferences) used gnome_config. Also, i think (but am not sure) the the
gnome-properties class was also using gnome_config directly.
2. User levels. We have a concept of user levels in Nautilus. It
hasn't been cooked 100% yet, but we are actively doing work on it.
3. The nautilus preferences box is deliberately very simple. There is
no apply or cancel buttons. All changes are live.
] [Thread Prev