[Nautilus-list] Nautilus Goals

I apologize to all you all you hardened hackers in advance of the following
beginner's questions. Feel free to flame me (and help me on my way) if I've
posted this to the wrong list:

* What are the 'Nautilus Goals' mentioned by Darin?
* Where would I find them?
* At which stage in the project will a new 'look' be applied to the hacking?
(or is this not a goal?) (will it just be added in 'themes'?)
*Who's going to say where the buttons go - what the windows will look like
etc?
* Are any radical departures planned?
* Is there any need for an experienced Graphic Designer with a computing
science background (such as myself) who has tinkered with Linux uses Macs on
a daily basis is excited by OSX and would like to take part in designing a
new interface for Linux boxes at this end of the project? or is that where
Eazel step in?

in short: can a photoshop-hacker such as myself get my hands dirty on this
project, too?

Cheers,
Sambeau Mac com