[Nautilus-list] Debain and MPL/GPL

Hi. I have a friend (Marco Pesenti Gritti) who is the creater of Galeon, one of
the GNOME web browsers with Mozilla's Gecko rendering engine. He says, I
quote,

> It seems there are some problems with Debian distributions because GPL
doesn't allow to
> link to non-GPL components (ie. Gecko).
> What do you think?
> Do you know if Nautilus developers have some solutions?
>
> Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpeseng tin it>

We have discussed the MPL/GPL issues before but I don't know anything about
what policy Debian has

So far we have stoppped including gtkmozembed.h (and relations) in our own
package. But people on Debian are complaining of problems with liscencing. I
think
this only applies to non-source methods (ie. *.deb).

Will the Nautilus team be including the Mozilla component in the
nautilus-1.0.deb?
So far we have had no other  liscencing issues mentioned to us, but I'm sure
there are others.

Tony