Re: [Nautilus-list] Compiling nautilus from CVS

on 12/12/00 3:15 PM, Håvard Wigtil at havardw stud ntnu no wrote:

> I'm trying to compile nautilus from cvs. I've successfully compiled all
> dependencies using --prefix/usr --/sysconfdir=/etc, and I've had to use
> --disable-more-warnings on some packages, probably because I'm using the
> redhat 7 snapshot compiler.

Note that I am building Nautilus with Red Hat 7's compiler and haven't had
to disable the warnings. The key is that you need a new enough glib. Older
ones cause warnings with the new compiler. The glib I use is the tip of the
stable branch from cvs.

> I've tried several times over the last days with fresh checkouts, but I always
> get the following error in the src directory:
>
> nautilus-main.c: In function `main':
> nautilus-main.c:145: `oaf_popt_options' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

This error is due to having a too-old version of oaf. To compile nautilus
HEAD you need the tip of the oaf-stable-0-6 branch from cvs.

> One other small thing I had to to to get nautilus to compile vas to remove the
> 'intl' directory from automake.am

Not sure where that problem comes from. Most people who compile Nautilus
don't have to do that.

    -- Darin