[Nautilus-list] medusa thrashed my system

I grabbed medusa from CVS last night (in part to try to solve the
problem I posted a few days ago but haven't had any responses to yet).
I fired up medusa-indexd as per the instructions and went to bed.  When
I checked my computer this morning, it had completely frozen up:  black
screen, no response, and I couldn't even telnet in.  I had to cycle
power to get it back.

Does medusa have problems with certain filesystem types?  I have a few
FAT partitions and one HPFS partition mounted.  I haven't tried running
it when they're unmounted, mainly because I have very little reason to
trust medusa now.  This isn't the first time I've had bad luck with it.
Last time I tried building the indices (a few months ago--I think right
after 0.5 was released), it ran for about 12 hours before I killed it.
I'm on a PPro 200.

Do very many people read this list?  I'd really like to get to the
bottom of why Nautilus won't run on my system.  I'd really like to
provide feedback, but it's kind of hard when it just won't work.

Dan