Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus now officially dependent on Ammonite when compiled with --enable-eazel-services

Hey Greg--

Thanks for the info.  Ammonite really does something a little different
than what you've inferred.  It's sort of a purpose-built component for
Eazel services, consolidating Eazel Service User login session
information across applications.  It serves two main functions:

1. Mantains a Eazel Service User session state across applications that
use this.  (Nautilus and its components)
2. Tunnel Eazel Service HTTP requests through SSL.  This is mostly
important for Mozilla embedded in Nautilus, since as of yet we don't
have a free software solution to SSL inside Mozilla.

Ammonite is *sort of* a client-side HTTP proxy that has some special
behaviour for Eazel services.  I should update the README to explain
better what it does.

As far as WebDAV goes, Nautilus's WebDAV implementation is based on the
gnome-vfs HTTP module, which currently uses its own HTTP library.

Neon sounds really interesting, though, and likely something we'll want
to look at using for some end or another.  I'll take your pointer and
check it out.  I'm glad that someone's working on a decent free HTTP
client library.  This has been a huge missing piece.

Mike