Re: [Nautilus-list] Compiling from CVS, bzip2 errors

on 8/23/00 10:14 AM, Kevin R. Bullock at kbullock ringworld org wrote:

> I'm just using the libbz2 debian packages (yes, I have -dev). Do I need to
> get a different version? What's up here?

The author of the bz2 library changed the names of the entry points some
time after the version that most Eazel hackers compile with. We attempted to
fix this for the gnome-vfs release by adding code to configure.in to detect
the new version by looking for bzCompressInit and use the newer symbols in
the bzip module based on ifdefs.

Perhaps configure did not properly determine that you have the older version
of the bz2 library?

    -- Darin