[Nautilus-list] Nautilus compilation tips

Here are some tips for compiling the Nautilus support libraries:

  * If you've installed Evolution from HelixCode RPMs, uninstall it and
    all of its supporting libraries.
  * Don't try to install two versions of GConf, Bonobo, etc., unless you
    want to get really confused.
  * Be prepared to run into foo-config problems--it looks like Gnome is
    migrating from standalone config scripts to modular ones. You may
    have to hack on various copies of configure.in and re-run autoconf.
  * Read your configure output, and pay close attention to the package
    versions. If something goes wrong, stop and troubleshoot.

I'll post tips for compiling Nautilus itself once I succeed. :-) This is
not a release for the timid.

Cheers,
Eric