[Nautilus-list] Re: nautilus, glibc ?

> I'm just curious what version of glibc you're using to build nautilus.
> I see stuff like
>
> In file included from /usr/include/string.h:346,
> from rsvg.c:25:
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h: In function `__strcpy_small':
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:419: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in
> arithmetic
> /usr/include/bits/string2.h:427: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in
> arithmetic
>
> and similar in each of the top level build directories.

We are using the glibc that comes with Red Hat 6.1. The RPM is
"glibc-devel-2.1.2-11". The copy of bits/string2.h from that RPM uses the
__extension__ keyword to avoid the above warning.

If your string.h won't compile with the high level of warnings and "warnings
= error" that we use, you can solve that by turning down the warning level
when configuring Nautilus (turn off the more-warnings option; I'm not sure
of the syntax). As we get closer to a wider release, we might need to add to
our configure script to detect that kind of defective header and turn them
off automatically.

    -- Darin